Moving Away From Tucson
As you start planning your Move away from Tucson, be sure to pay special attention to your children. Moving to a new home in a different city is a huge event for them, much more so than it is for us adults.
Make sure they get involved in the planning and packing and help them get excited about their new home far from Tucson. Here are some ways to involve them in the process and help them with the big Tucson Moving Adventure
1. Show the children the new home in the new city and their new room prior to leaving Tucson. If this is not possible, pictures or videos will help them visualize where they are going.
2. Making the move from Tucson can be scary for kids, assure them that you won't forget their friends.
3. Help them make a scrap book of their friends, the old home and their favorite kids places in Tucson .
6. When you start packing, give them their own box to pack. They can decorate it up however they want so they know which one is theirs.
7. If you moving from far away buy postcards as you drive to your new home so they can remember the trip.
8. When unpacking, allow them to unpack their treasures then, let them play with the boxes while you're unpacking the rest.
9. Start a Kids Scrap Book with them for their new home when you arrive. Include a Special Diary for them of "My first..."
10. Making the move easier might involve visiting their new school in that other city prior to their first day so they are not so scared to go, Take a camera and take pictures of them and their new school to email to their friends back home in Tucson.
11. Help your children invite new friends over to the house.
12. Let them choose a new favorite restaurant they like. This will help them feel more in control of their new world.
13. Encourage them to send letters & emails about their new home, to their friends.
14. Involve your children in groups, sports, & ativities like the ones they used to participate in.
15. Remember, even if you only lived in your old Tucson home a few years, to a young child it is nearly their entire lifetime!
16. Show them some of the fun things awaiting them in their new town like: Theaters, Zoo's, Pizza Joints and other fun kid stuff.
Helping Your Kids Move From Tucson
If you have any questions about moving from Tucson, or any Tucson Homes for Sale,
Email Brenda or call her Today at 520-918-5968
Return to Tucson Real Estate Home Page
Copyright ©1999-2016 All Rights Reserved